Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Saginaw River


Cass Avenue Boat Launch looking South
I took a trip to the Saginaw River at lunch this afternoon to checkout the ice conditions.  Went over to the Cass Avenue boat launch and it shows signs of fishing activity.  I walked out on the river and checked a few of the holes and found 3 to 4 inches of ice.  If the cold weather continues I'm going to plan on fishing the river Thursday after work, so I'll have a better report then.  If you go on the river  be careful because the conditions change everyday.

Good Luck...





Cass Avenue Boat Launch Looking West at the old bridge
Cass Avenue Boat Launch Looking North

1 comment:

  1. I do not live far from the saginaw river and I just don't feel comfortable fishing it... ever.

    Found your blog today on OBN. I like it very much. In fact I am hitting the "follow" button right now! =_)

    The Average Joe Fisherman
    http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete