Thursday, January 02, 2014

Houghton Lake Report

Houghton Lake West Shore 1-2-14
Fished the South shore on Wednesday (1-1).  Headed out of the South boat launch and fished West of the Elks in 7 FOW.  Fished from 1pm - 6pm and only hooked one small walleye and a few pike.  The action was slow and the best bite was from 5pm till dark. 

Today I moved to the West shore and fished in 10 FOW straight out of the West launch.   I got out at 1pm and scouted until I found a good weed area.  Started fishing at 3:30pm jigging a slick jig and a Lindy Darter.  Missed a walleye that came in for the dater at twenty after four and then hooked my first walleye on the slick jig at 5:30pm.  Watching the camera and my jigs I noticed that the walleyes came into the darter and if they missed it they hit the slower jigged slick jig tipped with a minnow.  I ended up with four keepers all caught in about 35 minutes.  In my last two trips I haven't had a flag on my tip up which is odd. 

The ice is great with 9 to 12 inches where I have fished.  Snow is deep in spots making quad travel difficult. 

Good Luck...



Houghton Lake West Shore 10 FOW




Houghton Lake 1-1-14


Houghton Lake West Shore 10 FOW

 

No comments:

Post a Comment