Friday, December 27, 2013

Aqua-Vu Micro AV 2

Purchased a new camera to replace the broken down Marcum we have kept running for the last three years. It seem like high end cameras only come with a high price and not durability.  I picked up the Aqua-Vu Micro 2 because I liked the light weight design and figured it would give me less of a work out while scouting holes.  We used the Micro on our trip to Pratt Lake and have made a few minor modifications for the next trip.

First the camera needs more weight to get it to the bottom faster when checking hole.  I added weight by wrapping some pencil lead weight around the back of the camera.  Second addition was marking out depth markers on the cable which I do on every camera.  Added markers at 10, 15, 20, and 25 foot which gives a quick depth indicator while scouting.  Third addition was to add a tether with a quick clip to my Ice Armor coat.  The camera unit is so small I worry about it falling in.  I set the tether up so that the camera fits in my pocket.   

On our first trip the Aqua-Vu Micro worked pretty good.  I'll give it a few more trips out on the lake before I give it a rating.  

Good Luck....
Lead added to camera.
Tape used to mark out depth.
Camera tethered to Ice Armor 


No comments:

Post a Comment