Tuesday, June 15, 2010

U.P. Report


Autrain and Forest Lake report. I’m working in the UP this week on a windmill blade install in Ishpeming, so I figured it would be a great chance to fish some of my favorite UP lakes. Well we started out early this morning and arrived in Autrain in the early afternoon to find that the bait shop is out of business and the only boat launch is closed until June 18th. After evaluating the situation we headed south down to Forest Lake with high hopes of jigging up a few walleyes. When I arrived at the lake I was in shock and amazed to find the water level had been dropped by the power company and that the lake was unfishable for my boat. After looking at Forest Lake and remember the old days of walleye fishing up and down the six miles of lake I came to the realization that we have lost a resource forever.




I’ll report tomorrow on a new lake.



Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment