Friday, February 25, 2011

Budd Lake Fishing Report 2/25/11

Budd Lake Early Monring Setup

The Big Walleye Hole 17 FOW
I woke up at 3:00am this morning dreaming about ice fishing and feeling excited about getting back on Budd Lake this weekend.  Then I remembered that I'm working all weekend on a new program start up and fishing will not be an option.   The thought of the monster walleye that Chachi and I lost last Sunday is still driving me crazy and all I want to do is keep fishing until I get another crack at him.  With work getting very busy and walleye season coming to a close in eighteen days I decided that I needed to get up and head to Budd Lake before work.   I ran out to the barn and scaled down my fishing setup to what I can carry and took off for the lake.  I walked on to the lake at 4:20am  and was fishing by 4:40am.  Fishing was slow in the dark, but I did see a few fish the sonar around 5:15am come in and look at my jig.  Fishing action got hot at 7:40am when I missed a fish jigging and a few minutes later I had a tip up go off but no fish.  I fished until 8:30am the packed up to head to work.

Mark and Tommy traveled up to Houghton Lake this morning, so we should have a walleye report later today.

1 comment:

  1. Ive been fishing Budd lk all week,had a nice one on at 7.am saturday but got off. i'll be out there tomorrow for sure. i really want one of those monster walleye.

    ReplyDelete