Monday, January 21, 2008

January Ice Fishing Update

Ice fishing has been very good for walleyes on Houghton Lake and Pratt Lake.



Houghton Lake (1-19)

We fished out of the North DNR launch on (1/19) to avoid all of the Tip Up Town snowmobile traffic. Our team setup 1.2 miles SW of the launch in 10 FOW. We ended up landing seven walleyes with a 20-inch being the largest and a few small pike. The fishing was the best from 2:00pm - 6:30pm using Northland jigging spoons and a shinner minnow. I don't have any pictures this week because I lost my camera on our last Houghton lake fishing trip.



Pratt Lake (1-20)

Fished on the NE end of the lake in 16 FOW and had very good time. I caught some nice crappy and two walleyes. I found a lot of sign that other people have been fishing the same area, but I was the only guy on the lake Sunday afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment