Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Houghton Lake Walleye Report 4-27-10

Fished Houghton Lake Tuesday after work and had good success on the North shore. The windy conditions and cold weather made it possible for me to get a great parking spot at the launch because I was the only guy on the lake last night. I headed out of the South launch at 5:35pm and found that it was impossible to fish the South shore with the strong North West wind blowing me off course, so I headed across the lake to long point. I started in 7 FOW and trolled East working into as shallow as 5 foot and then out into 9 foot. Fishing was a bit on the slow side, but I did manage to catch seven walleyes three of which I kept for dinner. I caught most of my fishing by trolling my baits from the shallow areas 4 FOW out to 7 FOW. All of the walleyes I caught had small “perch bait” size minnows in their stomachs. This is a good tip for those looking for walleyes on HL find the minnows and you will normally find walleyes.
Good Luck…


No comments:

Post a Comment